Im just on my way back from my new home town. In 3 weeks Norm and I offically own our first home. Its so exciting!! I cant wait to be in my own house. To know that where im at is where i'll be staying for a while! And to know that the money im paying is going somewhere, not just being thrown away like rent. Vulcan a cute town. We can pretty much walk anywhere we want to go. Im gonna be working at a small salon there, its nice cause a lot of the services that I offer arent already offered in Vulcan. I look forward to a slower pase of life again. Dont get me wrong, I do love Calgary, its just go go go all the time! I can use a break! haha
The wedding plans are all slowly falling into place. I never realized how much planning it takes to plan everything. Especially since im planning 2 receptions! Its crazy!! 2 months isnt much time at all! But at the same time seems forever away! I'll be glad when everythings over with, and its just me and my husband starting a life together. Right now we have so many people in our lives telling us what they think we should do its kinda getting to me!
I bought my wedding dress last week!! It was kinda a bittersweet moment. All my life I planned on going wedding dress shopping with my mom. But well being out here, that couldnt happen. So I went with my future mother in law instead! One nice thing about living out here though is that they have modest weddin dress stores!! So I didnt have to get my dress altered or anything. I choose the 2nd one I tried on. I walked out of the dressing room, and my mother in law started crying, which made me start crying!! haha. It fit perfectly, I dont need to do any alterations! So thats a plus. Now I just have to make sure I dont gain or lose too much weight..haha
We did our invitation pics yesterday at a waterfall where norm proposed to me! Im really happy with how they turned out!! I cant wait to send them out!
Have I mentioned how much I love my future husband?!!! AHHH it drives me crazy! haha. He's so sweet. The other night he came home from work with a big cute pink daisy!! I was like awww whats this for? And he said just cause he knows i've been stressed lately, and he just wants me to be happy. I love him sooooooo much!!!
5 comments:
its your day...do want you guys want to do. Thats my own advice.
I'm glad things are starting to come together! And everyone from now on will try to give you advice. When you're getting married, when you are married, when you have kids etc... just nod and smile and take the advice with you that works! You'll do great. Engagement photos are beautiful!
Congrats Ariel! I'm so happy for you! Things seem to be coming together nicely. I love Blogspot...& Facebook... it's neat to be able to sort of "keep in touch" with everyone's lives. Gook luck in all the weddings plans. Take care & ttys!
:) Kellie
woohoo for having a blog...I'm so excited that I can read about the wedding plans and updates here! I'm so excited for you, you'll be a beautiful bride...Can't wait to meet Norm!
I know what you mean about tons of people telling you what to do. I usually just smiled and played along. In the end I got everything I wanted. It REALLY bothered Nate though and he doesn't complain about much. The time will go fast though and then you'll have people telling you about when to have babies and such;) But at least you'll be able to!
Post a Comment