I have been sooooo sick this past week!! Its not fun at all!! Norm has a bad cold, so of course I caught that. And as if that wasnt bad enough, I got the stomach flu on top of that!(no, im not prego!! haha) Today is the first day I've been outta bed really. Its been so gross!! haha But I have to say that I love my husband sooooooooooo much for taking care of me!! And my mother in law!! You know how when you're sick you just want your mom? Well thats how i've been the past week, and as great as Norm is, its just not the same..haha. Well yesterday, my sister in law was comming down to do some paperwork for a house she was gonna buy. And my mother in law came with her, and get this! She's crazy!! She just went to town cleaning my house!! She did like 4 loads of laundry, and all the dishes, and cleaned all the floors, and the bathroom. She said not to get used to it cause it only happens once in a while, but she's amazing!!! She even brought me soup!! I'd have to say that was the next best thing to having my own mom here!!
So..in other news...Norm quit his job yesterday! haha As much as we're starting to freak out a bit, with neither of us being employeed, it was for the best! The company he was working for wasnt good. The other week he showed up at work at 6am like always, and the bosses werent there. So him and the other guys waited around till they showed up at 8am! And then the guys said they werent gonna pay them for those 2 hours they were working, and that they should have came and woken them up! And then yesterday, they said they were gonna decrease everyones wages by $3! Im pretty sure by law they cant just do that, but Norm had enough and quit on the spot. I guess 5 or 6 other guys quit too, so thats good..haha. He's out looking right now though for a new one..I dont think he'll have a problem.
As long as he gets a job..we're going to Utah in less than a week! I cant wait!!! I've never been, and i'll get to see Reta again!! yay!! We're going for a mission rehunion and confrence! Soooooo excited!!
I should get going..I think im gonna go rake some leaves before Norm gets home. And before it snows, they're calling for 5 to 10cms tonight!! I miss Nova Scotia falls!! haha
4 comments:
I know how you feel...I am finally getting over my flu. Its wasn't pretty.
I know its hard, but sometimes you just have to up and quit. I know I did it once and it was the best feeling in the world. And you know what I got a job the very next day that was a hundred times better.
Your going to Utah? You will have so much fun. I love it there. Are you going for Conference. The best experience ever, you should go.
I still can't believe that is it snowing. Good Luck with that...maybe you will have an early spring.
Tell Reta I said hi.
so cute his Mom! that's so nice! I hope he finds a job quick! I'm sure he will!
That's so sweet of his mom. I would have LOVEd for some one to do that for me when I was sick for a month. I saw on your face book that you were coming to UT and I figured it was for conference so I looked for you. I was up there but didn't see you. What session did you go to?
Sweet! For sure, can't wait till April:)!
Post a Comment