Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Our Trip to Utah!!

Its been a week since I started this entry!! Im determined to finish it today! haha







We're back now from our super fun road trip to Utah!! It was our first big road trip together, so that was exciting!:) Nothing like 12 straight hours in a car together to make sure you're meant to be together! haha. I think the easiest way to do this is day by day.





Day 1:


We left at 7am, and started out on our adventure. The drive was pretty good. We didnt have any problems at the border. We took turns driving, so it went by pretty fast. The only bad part was when I had to pee SOOOOOOOOOO BAD and we were somewhere in Montana with no where to stop! It was seriously the worst ever!! I was so close to just pulling over and going on the side of the road! haha When finally there was a "parking area" with an outhouse! It was gross but I didnt even care. I love my husband, and how supportive he was..aha. He felt so bad for me, and told me later that we passed a nice rest area, and that he didnt tell me cause it was to late. He's lucky that he didnt! haha We got to Layton around 7 or 8 that night. We stayed with Norms Aunt and Uncle, so that was fun! Here's a pic of the pretty sunset we saw driving through Utah.










Day 2:
On our first full day in utah, Norm decided it would be a good idea to take me to Temple Square! I was soooooo excited!! When I think back to the last General Confrence, never at that time did I think that i'd be married, and going to the next one in Utah! It was almost surreal!! It's weird to see pictures of a certain place your whole life, and think someday i'll go there, and then to actually be there!! haha There was so much to see and do, it was so much fun! We first went to the confrence center, and had a tour by this really sweet old lady. Its so much bigger than it looks. And the acoustics were great!! You can hear a pin drop on the stage from the back!!








After the confrence center, we checked out a lot of different places. The visitor centers, the museum, oh, and we watched the Josesph Smith movie! It was SOOOOOOOO good!!! Im not sure if its on video, but if it is, everyone needs to see it!!!







We also went to The Beehive house, where Brigham Young lived. It was a really nice tour, except for this creepy guy that was on the tour with us. He was a bit "off" and kept saying that he heard that Brigham Young's 19th wife was haunting the place!...so that was a bit weird..haha After seeing all our touristy stuff, we went back to Norms Aunt and Uncles for dinner with the family, and then went to Reta's place! It was so nice to see her so soon after my wedding! We had gone like 2 years before, and then it was just a month! It was nice to see Sean too. Their house is so cute!!





Day 3:
We went to the Logan temple with Reta! It was so great to have her there for my 2nd time going through the temple! I love going to the temple so much!! And Logan was a really nice one! I loved seeing all the newly married couples here too! It seems so long ago that I got married..I cant believe its been under 2 months! haha


After the temple Reta took us out to lunch. And then she had to work, so Norm took me shopping! I love my husband! He bought me a cute outfit for his mission rehunion that we had that night! It was raining that night, and traffic was crazy! It was like people couldnt drive in the rain! We drove past 7 accidents! So it took us 2 hours to get to the rehunion. But it was fun! It was nice to meet all the people Norm had told me stories about. He enjoyed showing me off to them all too..haha.

Day 4:
We woke up to snow!! haha
We listened to the first session of confrence in the mall (only in Utah can you shop and hear that at the same time! It was great! haha) Norm bought me a super cute little mermaid hoodie. Then we went down to Temple Square again, and met up with one of his mission companions for lunch! It was raining, and sooooo cold! We had to park way far away too, cause there were so many people there! We got interviewed for the paper though! They spelt our last name wrong, but you can read the article here...http://deseretnews.com/article/content/mobile/0,5223,695216488,00.html. Being in Utah for my first time, and during confrence time, the anti mormon protesters amazed me. Its so sad that they travel, and take time outta their lives to bash on someone elses religion. We listened to the 2nd session in temple square, and on the radio, so that was nice. It was nice to just be there for it, and to feel the spirit thats there. That night the boys had the priesthood session, so we had a girls night. We played board games, and talked. It was nice to get to know Norms extended family better:)


Day 5:
We got up 15 mins before confrence, and watched it on tv at his uncles. Its nice that you can watch it on tv there! Then we went to Norms other Aunts for the 2nd session. And picked apples with her. We told her that we wouldnt be able to bring them back to Canada. But she wouldnt listen, so Reta and Sean ended up with 2 boxes of apples..lol. We went to Reta and Seans for a Thanksgiving dinner! Its nice to hang out with married friends. I feel like since we've been married our single friends dont really wanna hang out anymore, which sucks! Dinner was way good!!! They smoked the turkey for a couple hours before cooking it, it was yummy!!! Then we just watched movies, and fell asleep!:)

Day 6:
Time to go home!!
We really werent looking forward to our long 12 hour drive home! The drive home seemed longer for me! Nothing eventful happened..haha..we made it home safe and sound, and that was our trip:)


For anyone who made it through that whole entry...here is whats going on in my life now..haha
Im a working woman now..haha.."finally!" says Norm! Im working at the daycare. I have the preschool level, which is a handfull!! For the most part im enjoying it though. I think Norm was hoping that by me working there I wouldnt want kids right away, but to be honest, working there makes me want them more! haha Because they're cute, and it would mean i'd be teaching my own child instead of someone elses. I honestly feel bad for the kids that are there longer then me! Personally I wouldnt want someone else raising my kids! haha


Norm got a job as well. He's working in the lumber yard at a place called UFA. I dont think he "loves" it. But its something for now. Its really hard work. But its good in a way cause he gets discounts, and where we're renovating our house a lot, its gonna help out big time in that way!


Speaking of my husband, I love him more and more everyday!!! Now that we're both working, i've found that we're both a lot happier! I was having a bad day today at work..and told Norm about it on my lunch break, so tonight when he got home from work, he had bought me rainbow sherbet, my favorite!! I was like whats this for, and he was like I know you were having a bad, and I just want my baby to be happy! How cute is that?!


We got a gym pass together at the gym here! We've been working out everyday for the last week! I love it!! I've lost 12lbs since I moved to Alberta, just from eating differently. Im really enjoying the gym though, Im excited to get toned..haha


Anyhow, I should go clean the kitchen before Norm gets home from Fire Fighting practice!

4 comments:

Kristi Drennan said...

Great post!! Looks like you had a fun time in Utah!! I think it's really fun that you were in the paper! And glad that you guys are both working. It sure is fun having a baby so I can relate to your situation. When I worked at the school it made me want kids more. Though now that Matt is in his "grown up" job I'm not sure how we would have done it before...but the Lord knows the best time for us! talk soon xoxo

The Bing's said...

Wow sound slike you had an amazing time in Utah...I so want to go there after reading about your trip and Julia's trip. That must have been neat to meet people from norms mission!! Congrats to both of you on the new jobs!!!

Channynba said...

Such an awesome experience that you guys had. I am jealous.
Congrats on the new jobs...I am sure you will do great.

Anonymous said...

That's so awesome that you were in the paper! I really wish I had known a head of time that you were coming... we could of met up on temple square sat. I did look for you:)! Sounds like things are going great. I'm glad you like your new job and VERY jealous of the weight you lost. It feels like every one is loosing weight but me. Congrats and let me know next time you come down this way. P.S. Where did Norm serve his mission?