Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Back to work and real life..

So now that March Break is over with, its back to reality..and work. This has been the longest week ever!! I cant believe that its only Wednesday!! It so feels like it should be Friday!!
Im also not used to getting up early. I was used to sleeping in, and napping whenever I wanted last week..haha.
Last Thursday, Norms brother Shawn, his wife Dana and their kids came to visit! It was way fun! Their kids are soooooo cute!!! Norm took Taylor to the Fire Department.
Here's a cute pic..

And here's Averi playing with Uncle Norm and Rocky.

So i've been having a lot of pain the last week. I figured it was just the baby stretching me out. But then on the weekend, I noticed the baby wasnt moving AS much, and started to get worried. But I didnt wanna be one of those people who runs to the doctor for everything. Monday afternoon, I had slight spotting, so that was enough to make me see a doctor. The dr's office was closed, so Norm took me to the ER. They hooked me up to a fetal heart rate monitor, and I had to lay there for almost an hour, clicking a button if I felt the baby move. It started to move a bit, mostly cause they were pressing on my stomach soooo hard! haha It took them a while to find the heart rate, which super scared me! But once they found it, it was good. So they made me come back yesterday to see my doctor. I got to have my cervex checked, what fun..haha. She said that im just stretching, and the pain is only going to get worse. And that the baby can change its activity as it grows. So everything looks good, and im way relieved. There's an added bonus to this story too...She's sending me for an ultrasound on Friday!! Just to make sure the placenta is still alright. Its kinda funny considering thats what the ultrasound lady told me to fake..haha. So hopefully this Friday we will know for sure what we're having!! Im keeping my fingers crossed that this baby will cooperate, and im not letting Norm talk to him or her until after then!! haha
After the ultrasound Friday, we're going shopping! I soooo need some new maternity pants!! Im feeling huge!! Turns out i've only gained 7lbs since I got pregnant though, it feels like sooo much more! Here's a pic on week 24.

So today, I decided to take my puppy for a walk, and went to the post office to see if my easter loot was here yet. Well when my mom said she was sending easter stuff, I assumed it would just be a nice small package. Boy, was a wrong..haha. It was a big box, full of chocolate, gummies, other candy, and a bunch of baby sleepers! And of course the day im walking is when i'd get it!! So there I am, walking down the road, with a parcel resting on my belly, trying to steady it, and trying to get my excited puppy by my side. It wasnt an easy task! haha. Rocky was being good though, and not pulling...until...we were about to cross the street, and this big dog in yard started barking, and scared Rocky. This made him jump, pulling me and the parcel down, in the middle of the street. I wasnt hurt, but it was embarassing. It was one of those moments where you get up and look around like " I hope no one saw that" hahah
Anyhow, my husband is yelling that its time for bed..so I guess I should listen..haha. I'll update when we know what we're having.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You lucky thing...I`ve gained more than 7 lbs already!! Scary day for you...glad everythings okay...I had a lot of discomfort with Ethan from stretching so it's fairly common. Hope you get to see for sure what you're having!

Channynba said...

you and your little belly...you look really good. Your neices and nephews must have loved you guys for taking them to the fire department. LUCKY THEM!!!!

Tigriswillreign said...

lol Poor Ariel! Sounds awesome though, wish I could've seen it!
Now that you know the gender you should blog it (though I'm sure everyone knows already!).
Love ya, miss ya!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you and baby are okay! Too bad about the stretching though. However,take it from me, you do go back to normal. If anything I've found most "1st pregnancy" women become even smaller than they were before they got pregnant.