Friday, May 15, 2009

The Promised Post...

Ok wow, here's the update from Easter weekend till now:) Its gonna be long...
Easter weekend we came into Calgary for the weekend. It was also Norms birthday weekend, so he made plans on Good Friday to go paint balling with the guys. Here's some of the guys in their camo gear, all ready to go.

Since they were having fun, Julie, Laura, Rebecca and I wanted to have some fun too! So we decided to go to Canmore for the day. It was so nice out! We did some window shopping, and did a stroller friendly hike.
Becca's first time seeing the mountains

Then Easter Sunday we celebrated Norms birthday. I had the family over to Norms parents place for a BBQ. The weather was great! I made Norms favorite ice cream cake, it was sooooo yummy!!
Becca and Daddy. (this was my old dress!)

Then Monday, which was Norms Birthday, Becca and I went to Lethbridge with him for the day. After school we went out to the cheesecake cafe. Soooo yummy! You get free cake there on your birthday. Norm had a cream egg one...mmmmm.

Becca at Cheesecake Cafe


So Norm is finished school for the semester!! Im so proud of him!!
On the 28th we went to a concert in Banff! My cousin Chris plays/tours with Jesse Cook, so he hooked us up with tickets! The only problem was that we couldn't find a babysitter (its times like that I wish I still lived in NS!) so my cousin told me to bring her and we'd figure it out. Well when we got there, the box office told us that there's a no infant policy. (which I understand) You wouldnt believe the dirty looks we were getting from people, just standing in the lobby. It was sweet when the manager of the place came out, and took us backstage. Norm was like "ha, give us dirty looks now!" lol. We were given 2 options, either very back row, or watch from side stage. We chose side stage, and im glad we did! We got to hang out backstage with the band, and have band food..lol Not many 9 month olds can say that they got to be backstage, and be serenaded by warm up. She loved the guitar!! Here's a clip from the concert tha I found on youtube. Its my cousin singing, I had to take Becca backstage at this point, cause she started having a breakdown, and they had turned off the sound system for this song..lol.
Banff Springs Hotel
Me, Chris and Becca
Anyhow, so for the big changes..Norm couldnt find a job in Vulcan, or Lethbridge. I thought about working full time, but decided I didnt want to...so we headed to Calgary for the big job hunt. Its crazy that this time last year it would have been a piece of cake to find a good paying job here, and then this year it was a hunt! But thankfully Norm found one with a nice member guy, doing landscaping. The only issue was that its here in Calgary, and Norm wasnt about to drive back and forth, again..lol. So we've moved in with his parents. Its not too bad, we've been here 3 weeks so far. I like being closer to stores and stuff again (although its kinda dangerous..lol) and more people our age. Its nice to have a social life again!
Im getting tired of typing, so just one last thing, Mothers Day. My first mothers day was pretty good:) Norm bought me a new outfit, super cute skirt and shirt. He also changed all Beccas diapers that day (and my little angel had 3 poopie ones just for daddy!lol) Here's a pic pf Becca in her mothers day dress. They have a few kid consignment stores near by, I got this dress for $3! how awesome is that??
Ok I lied, one more thing! Becca has 2 teeth now! And is crawling all over the place!! Here's her teeth pic!
I'll update again soon:)

3 comments:

As Lovers Go said...

I like the pic of Becca's first time seeing the mountains.....look like she enjoyed them haha

Julia said...

i am impressed by the tooth picture. i know how hard it is to get them sometimes :) glad to hear you are closer to people and stores now, but i feel bad for your bank account. i know how it is :)

Channynba said...

great post...Becca is so cute and getting so big. Good Luck with the big move.