Saturday, January 8, 2011

Christmas 2010

I was way excited about Christmas this year! I feel like its the first year Becca really "got" it, and it was so much fun!
I was a bit upset about not going home for it, but everything worked out really nice here!

Christmas Eve we went to Norm's parents place for the traditional fondue. It was just his siblings without kids there, so it was more laid back, and quiet. 
After dinner we just hung out, played a few games, and read the Christmas story. It was really nice!
Here's some pics of the tree and the stockings right before we went to bed.


Becca's Stocking...Santa didnt realize how much stuff he had bought over time lol
Mine and Norms stockings.
I feel bad that I didnt take any pics on Christmas morning. We did a video instead. This was Norms first year filling my stocking, my moms always done it when we've been home. He did a really good job! He went with a pink theme and everything I got was pink, so cute!

Christmas morning I got up at 7 to make homemade cinnamon buns for breakfast. I let Norm and Becca sleep in till about 830, and then had to wake them up. It was the quickest opening of presents lol We had to be at Norms parents for 930 breakfast, so with stockings and presents, it was a rush. But it was still good. Becca loved opening all her presents. For the month before I kept telling her not to touch the presents, so when I told her she could open them, it took her a while lol
We all got a lot of great things!

So we went to Norms parents place for Christmas breakfast and had the traditional Christmas Sloup. Its way yummy! Then we opened presents there, and relaxed. 
Norm with his siblings Aaron and Vickie
Becca playing with her cousin Landon.
Becca loving her Teddy from Uncle Aaron
Family pic in our Christmas PJs. 
Norms sister Lindsay and her husband Kyle.
Lindsay is due 5 days before me! Its way fun having a SIL pregnant at the same time as me. I guess I had one pregnant at the same time last time too, but this time its one I like! (I can say that cause the one from last time is my ex sister in law now lol) 

In the afternoon everyone went sledding. Since Norm works at a tire shop he was able to get a huge inner tube, it fit 5 guys on it at a time and I guess they had lots of fun! Becca and I napped instead lol

This year for Christmas dinner we had it at the Church here. It was just easier since the family is so big now. With 10 grandchildren under 9, and mostly under 6, it can get pretty loud when we all get together. This way we got to eat, and the kids got to run around and play in the gym, it was perfect lol
This hymn book kept Becca busy for a long time! She just loves flipping from page to page:)

So that was our Christmas. All in all it was pretty great! It was even a white one here, which it wouldnt have been in NS lol


1 comment:

Laura Dunford said...

Rub it in.. rub it in.... our mild Christmas would have been nice if the ocean was warm enough to swim in! haha