Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Im Married!!!



Well its official...im now Mrs. Nelson. How weird is that?? I've been married for about 2 and 1/2 weeks now..and I have to say that im enjoying it!! haha

Everything about our wedding was perfect:) even the weather!!

We went down to Cardston the night before our wedding, and stayed in a hotel there. And it was POURING rain!! There was even thunder and lightning!! I was so freaking out! I just wanted it to be sunny for our big day! Thankfully it was nice and sunny by 6am!

I was up bright and early! My sister in law did my hair, and it looked even more perfect then our run throughs! If you know anything about my family its that we're always late! Especially my mom!! hahah. So why should we be on time for my own wedding?!!! haha. We were suposed to be at the temple at 9am...and well we got there at about 9:20! haha.Poor Norm..the temple workers kept asking him are you sure she's coming? And was like yea, she's an Ehler, they're always late! haha.

Our ceremony was perfect! It was such an amazing experiance! I held it together! and didnt ruin my makeup! haha

We had a lunchin in Cardston right after pics at the temple. It was way nice! Our mothers gave toasts to us there, which were way good. I wasnt as good at holding it together when my mom gave hers! haha. After Cardston we had a nice long drive back to Calgary. It was so nice driving back with my husband! I just kept calling him my husband, and he kept calling me his wife, just so it would sink in.

When we got back to his parents place, I totally crashed on the couch, in my wedding dress! haha. It was a well needed nap though, and im so glad I took it. I had to have my hair fixed up afterwards, but it was worth it! haha.

The reception in Calgary was very nice! I hadnt seen it beforehand. My mother in law made all the decorating decisions, and she did a very good job! We had a reciving line there though, and argh! haha. My face hurt afterwards! I can only smile for so long! We were standing there for an hour and 1/2! haha

The rest of the reception was great though!!! We had some great toasts by our best friends and dads! Norms sister sang, which was amazing! She's so good! And then we had our first dance to "for you" by duncan sheik..I think thats how you spell it. Its a way nice song! Norm played and sang it to me in the car one night before he told me that he didnt want to date anyone else.

For our wedding night we just came home to our house, so that was nice.

We did a gift opening the next day at his parents place. We got soooooo much stuff!! 4 crock pots, and 3 toaster ovens..haha.

So then we went back to Nova Scotia for our "honeymoon" and reception there. We stayed in a nice cottage on the water. It was perfect! So nice to wake up every morning and see the water!

We did all the toristy stuff like peggys cove, and the waterfront, and the citidal. It was really nice to have Norm back where Im from. He loved it!! And if things work out, we could be back there in a year! So we'll see:)

I really enjoyed my reception there!!! It was so nice to have all my friends and family there! Whereas here I didnt know over 1/2 the people there! We had our reception at the St. Marys Boat club. It was perfect weather for that too! We had a great photographer. I cant wait to get my pics back from him!! Nathan brought doves for us to release, which was way nice!!

For our first dance in NS my cousins played violin and guitar..which was awesome!!

It was so sad leaving to come back here! Im being a stay at home wife right now while I wait for my criminal record thing to clear. I've applied to be a TA at the elementary school, and if that doesnt work out, Im gonna work at the daycare.

Its totally snowing here right now! Thats so not cool!! I should go clean the kitchen..and get lunch ready for my husband!

3 comments:

The Bing's said...

Well Mrs.Nelson...it's super nice to have you back on the blog!! I've been checking since I talked to you guys at church...so I'm glad to hear about your big day! It sounds like it was perfect!! You guys looked amazing and I'm sooo happy for you both!!! Lots of love!!

Channynba said...

It all sound so nice...the pictures are terrific. I know I have told you this before. But you were so beautiful.
It was cool to see you guys at my work...hahahahahaha, and I bet Norman thought I was a little crazy...when I told him that I knew him.
And what is this I hear about SNOW...you should totally come back here, it is awesome weather here.

Anonymous said...

I'm really glad to hear your day was so perfect! I wish I coulda seen you all dolled up:)