So almost a week ago now, I was almost made a widow! So being the wife of a fire fighter, you think i'd realize that everytime my husband goes to a fire, something could happen. But until this last week, I didnt really give it much thought. So, last Tuesday at around 1 in the afternoon Norm got called out to a field fire. They're fairly common around here, and I didnt think anything of it. It was the worst Norm has ever seen though, he didnt get home till 7 and it was then that he told me what happened.
When they showed up at the fire, they parked their truck away from the fire. Norm was out on top of the truck, getting the hose all set up, when the guy inside the truck started banging on the window and pointing at the hose. Norm was confused at what he was freakin about, till he looked beside the truck. Within the few mins they'd been there, the fire had spread to the truck. The whole truck was surrounded by fire! He said that the flames were higher than the truck, which would be about 11 to 12 feet high! He tried hosing it down, and getting it away from the truck, but it wasnt working. So he started hosing himself down, to keep the fire away from him. He said the whole time he was kicking the truck's window, and didnt understand why the truck wasn't moving. He said that he got to the point where he started to think, I donno if im gonna make it through this. He was so hot, and could feel his face starting to burn. At last, he couldnt take it anymore, and yelled a prayer. As soon as he'd prayed, the truck moved, just far enough to get out of the fire. Fire trucks are made to be beside the fire, not right in it. So because the truck was right in the fire, the air brakes under the truck, melted together. And thats why the truck wouldnt move. Logically, the other fire fighters couldnt explain why the truck finally moved. After it had moved far enough to get out of the fire, it wouldnt move again. Norm honestly believes that if he hadnt prayed that he wouldnt be here today. I am sooooo grateful to my Heavenly Father for saving my husbands life! I donno what I would do without him!! All in all the fire burnt 1000 acres of farm land!! And with 100km/h winds that day, they're lucky that it didnt burn more!

Here's Norm with his soot covered face after the fire.

Here's Norm with the truck he was on. You can see where the paint was burnt off.
So..what else is new...oh, when I got back from NS, I became unemployed! haha. My job at the school was filling in for a lady who was on stress leave, and she came back earlier than expected. So I was somewhat freaking out, cause without a job, I couldnt get maternity leave. So I was filling in, subing for other learning assistants. So I was working about part time. Actually last Monday..I was in Gr.10! haha. It was so funny cause I had teachers ask me if I was a new student. Yea..im a knocked up 16 year old..thats me..haha. But the most scary party, I get there, and only 1/3 of the class had showed up. So the teacher, who also teaches special ed, left me to teach the class!!! I was so freaking out! I had to teach social studies and math. I had to quickly read the plans, and wing it. It was scary, but in the end worked out..haha.
Anyhow, last Monday I got called in for an interview for a full time, permanent position at the same school I was working at before, and I got the job!!! I cant express how excited I was!!! So im back to working 5 days a week. Im in Gr 3 this time, and so far its going good:) We have a short week this week, and then its March break next week. I donno what im gonna do with all my free time. I already spent all my free days last week organizing my baby room, and cleaning everything possible..lol
So...everything else is going great! Baby is growing like crazy!!! Im stretching like crazy! This little one has been moving a lot too!! As I speak he or she is kicking me really hard! Its the weirdest feeling!! haha. Especially when they deside to jump on my bladder like a trampoline!! haha. I cant deal with having to pee ALL the time though, its driving my crazy!! haha. It was so bad that I went to the doctor, just to make sure I didnt have a UTI. They tested me, and I dont have one, but he gave me anti-biotics anyhow...how that works, I donno..lol. I didnt take them. It just seems messed up to me..like..well there's nothing wrong, but here's some drugs anyhow. If anyone has any advice on how to deal with this, let me know!!:) It would be greatly appreciated:)
Im gonna go take a nap with my puppy before my sexy husband gets home.
Check out how big my little guy is getting though, its crazy!!! He's 3 months old already!

6 comments:
I hadn't realized how serious the fire situation had been. What an incredible faith-builder!
Congratulations on the job! What a relief!
Advice for polyuria (constant prego potty-breaks): adult diapers! (j/k)
Oh my goodness...mom had told us about the situation, but it was even more interesting to hear the actual story from your blog. I am so glad everything worked out and Heavenly Father was looking out for him!!! Congrats on the new full time position...that's so awesome!! Your puppy is getting so big and so cute!!
I'm so glad that Norm is okay. The power of prayer is unbelieveable. Where would we be without it? Congratulations on the new job. It's nice to know that you have a job that gives you the summer off. Can't wait to see some pictures of the baby's room.
That must have been so scary...good thing he thought to pray about the situation! And well done on the job, that's great!
SCARY...I am glad that he made it out safely and back into your arms. Heavenly father really does here and answer prayers.
That's a crazy scary story!!!!! I feel the same fear everyday when Matt leaves the house. Glad baby is growning good...I'd say yeah don't take meds if something isn't really wrong...just keep close to the bathroom!
Post a Comment