So when I was pregnant with Rebecca, I was determined that when I brought her home, she would be sleeping in her own room, in her own crib. Well...the day she came home, I made Norm set up the bassinet in our room. I just couldnt stand to have my little newborn that far away from me!
Well now, she's not so little anymore..lol. She's a 7month old big girl, and im ok with her sleeping in her own room. But, she's not! lol
When Becca got sick almost a month ago now, she was having a lot of trouble breathing. I would wake up, and she wouldnt be breathing. It was the scariest thing ever! I'd had to sit her up, and she make that horrible gasping sound, and finally get her breath. So at that time, I decided to bring her into bed with me, so that I could monitor her closely. Well big mistake! Now the little monkey thinks my bed is hers! Its brutal! She is such a bed hog too!! She will lay between us, and stretch out, and hit us, till we give her space.
Now, she's fine taking naps in her crib. Its bedtime thats the issue. I've tried the crying it out method, and it doesnt work. She just gets herself so worked up that she breaks blood vessels in her face, and it takes forever to get her calmed down, that it isnt worth it.
So if anyhow has any advice on how to get my bed back, before my husband decides to move into Becca's room instead, it would be greatly appreciated!
Fabrics.
17 years ago
6 comments:
I wish I had some advice that was easy...really I think you may have to just put her in her crib and let her cry for a bit. Hopefully she'll tire herself out and just go to sleep.
Isaiah slept with us until he was almost a year old. But I would always make him nap in his crib and go to bed in his crib. I got him to finally sleep through the night by first rocking him until he went to sleep when he woke up in the middle of the night and I, at my own pace, let him cry a little bit more each time. It really only took a few nights. And I have a very VERY consistant bedtime routine. I have an ebook you could read...it may have some stuff in it for you! Email me if you want it! xo
I think that every baby is different! And you'll know what will work for you and her. Hunter has alwasy hated sleeping in a crib. So when we moved into our house I put him in a bed. Made a huge difference. He often makes his way into our room through the night, but he doesn't fight bed time. Becca is at an age where she is learning how to push limits. So whatever you do I say stick with it because she will quickly learn how to break you down and once she does your battle will be even bigger. Good luck; trust yourself!
so i dont know how much help i am going to be, lyla has never spent the night with us in bed, but i know if she was sick as becca i would have given in just like you did!
but for us, we put lyla in her swing everynight and she falls asleep that way and then when i know she is down for the count, i move her to her bed.
the swings cost about 140 bucks (the one i have has 6 speeds and sound and music, i love it) and i would have spent twice as much knowing how much it helps us with our bedtime routine!
I wish I did but we just use the crying method when he gets too spoiled. It usually takes a night or two but after that he goes down easily, often smiling (only for night not for naps)
We had one chld who was like that so we would give them a warm bottle or nurse them until they fell asleep into our arms and then put them in their crib. Sometimes it worked other times it didn't. We just kept being consistent. However every child is different so good luck with whatever you decide.
Post a Comment