Sorry I havent posted in forever! Life has just been too busy, and my laptop is toast, so its hard to fight for the family computer.
We made it to NS safely a few months ago now. Although we didnt sell our car, or get everything I wanted to get done before leaving Alberta, I got the important stuff like packing done just in time.
The day before we left Alberta, Norm called the military one last time, to get them to send his files to Halifax, and make sure things were still good. They said it was all good, and that he should be leaving for training sometime soon. So the day after we got here, Norm went downtown to figure things out here, and guess what?! His position is closed for the year!! The Halifax recruiter was surprised that Calgary hadnt told him. He's on the national waiting list, so as soon as it opens up, he'll get a training date. They've told him that most likely the earliest he'll get a training date now is April! My poor husband, he was devastated! He just wants to start this career, and not sit around in Nova Scotia..lol
I've been back at work, and loving it! I had very mixed feelings about going back. I always planned on being a stay at home mom. I was fine doing business out of my house, but working outside of the home wasnt something I had planned on. Im lucky enough that my old job here took me back. It was less scary going back where I already knew a lot of the girls. I found the first few days a bit hard being away from Becca, but now I enjoy a bit of a break ( is that bad to say??) I love my daughter so much, but going to work is almost relaxing...especially since I work at a spa..haha. Its definitely a lot harder working and being a mom though, but thankfully Norm has stepped up to being super dad. He's even done laundry! lol
I have to be totally honest though, and I never thought i'd say this, but...I miss Alberta. I know, I know, the whole time I was out there, I kept going on about how much I missed Nova Scotia. But, its hard being back here. I donno why, but I just expected things to be the same as when I left. Its hard accepting that they'll never be the same. I guess getting married and having a baby does that. Its hard that a lot of my close friends from here aren't in the same situation as me. They're still single, and doing fun single stuff. So its hard to hang out with them, with Norm and Becca, if that makes sense. I miss all our married friends from out west. When I was out there, I almost tried not to make too many friends, and focused on how I wanted my "old friends" back. Im also finding it really hard not having our own space. I want to make new friends here, and invite them over for dinner parties and whatnot, but cant since we live in my parents basement. Anyhow, before I start having a pity party..lol..here's what we've been up to the last few months!!
October
We were here for the last few days of October. We got to carve pumpkins. Norm did Sponge bob (him and Becca's favorite show!) and I carved a knight helmet. They turned out pretty good. We got the most comments on Norms:) We dressed our little one up as a bumblebee. She was so cute! We took her trick or treating, so had to bundle her up. She enjoyed going door to door, and was all smiles.
November
Rebecca learned to play piano..well not really..but she sure looks cute trying:)
December
December was a blur for me, mostly cause I worked so much. But here's what I remember.
- We built our first family gingerbread house. It lasted a few hours before it fell apart..lol. But eating it fresh was so much better than when its old and hard!
- We took lots of cute pics of Becca in her many Christmas dresses.
- We saw Santa come down the road on the firetruck Christmas eve. Becca was a bit confused by it..lol
- Rebecca loved opening her stocking, it was so cute!
January
Its so hard to believe that its now 2010!!! Where did the last year/decade go!
- We enjoyed playing in the snow new years weekend! We got over 40cms of snow here! We were snowed in for a few days. Becca wasnt excited to get dressed to go out, but had fun once she was out in the snow. Norm build a big igloo thing, taller than him, which I forgot to take a pic of.
If you've made it all the way to the end of this post, congrats! I'll try my best to update more often.
2 comments:
great pics!
Love the picture of the three of you in the snow. Sorry to hear about Norm's military mix-up. Everything happens for a reason so I'm sure it will all work out. Becca is so beautiful...a striking combination of the two of you.
Post a Comment