I havent blogged in forever!!
Im in the car right now on our way back from Utah, so im hoping I can catch up on the last few months.
I feel bad that I havent blogged a lot about Sara.
So when Norm was on parental leave, he was complaining about how he didnt wanna go back to work. When he started working at the tire shop he was told that he would be moved to sales soon, he just needed to get the tire tech experience first. Well after working there for 6 months, it wasnt looking like he’d be getting into sales anytime soon.
So I started looking around for a new job for him while he was off. I came across a Sales Rep job at Calgary Honda, I told him about it, and he wasnt sure about it. So I kept looking. The next day he came up to me and said I cant stop thinking about that job, and feel like I should apply for it. I told him to go for it, what was the worst thing that could happen. So the next day he went into Honda, just planning to hand in a resume.
When he got there all the managers were in a meeting, so he said he would wait.
He waited about 30mins and they got him to fill out some paperwork, after their meeting 2 of the managers talked to him for a bit and asked if he could do an interview right then. He wasnt expecting to have an interview that day, so wasnt mentally prepared, but said sure. He was taken into a board room with 6 people sitting around a table, they asked him lots of questions, and were really impressed with his sales experience from last summer. At the end of the interview they asked him if he had any questions, and he said before he knew it he was saying “ ya, when can I start?” He doesnt know where that came from! He normally wouldnt have said anything that ballsy. But the manager said, we like that! And had him step outside for a min. He said as he was leaving he heard one manager say to the other “ I really like this guy”. When they called him back in they said, “so, can you start tomorrow?”
He had to explain that he was still employed and needed to give 2 weeks notice.
So he’s been at his new job for almost 2 months now and is loving it! Its awesome! I dont have to hear him complain anymore about hating his job. He’s doing really well too! So well that after only 5 and 1/2 weeks he was given a promotion. He’s now a leasing specialist as well as a sales representative! Im so proud of him! There’s other guys that have been there for years and havent been promoted.
And since I dont have any pics of Norm at work, hers the proud big sister taking a pic of
I was so lucky to have Norm home for almost 3 weeks! He was such a big help. I was a little scared to be alone with the girls at first. I just had to get used to not jumping at Beccas every request right away. She adjusted pretty well too.
I was so lucky that my mom was able to come out to visit for a week!
I recovered so much quicker from Sara than I did with Becca.
So by the time my mom got here I was feeling perfectly fine, so it was nice to be able to go out a do fun stuff with her.
We got together with my cousin, his wife and kids one night. Becca loves playing with her 2nd cousins.
Here’s me and my cousins wife. She was I think 37 weeks prego in this pic. We went for a baby inside- baby outside pic.
They had a little girl, after having 2 boys. Im so excited for them!
Sara’s such a chunker that I was able to give them a bunch of stuff she’s outgrown. It was so much easier getting rid of the girls stuff knowing it was going to family, I have to admit that I was a tiny bit sad to think that I wouldnt have another little baby to wear the stuff.
Here’s a pic of Sara with my mom, I cant believe that Sara was that small! And I have to say that my mom looks pretty dang good for being a grandma!




No comments:
Post a Comment